Who we are
Our website address is: https://amberpath.co.uk.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
This website is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR).
I have set out below how I use your personal information and your rights in respect of the same:
- I, Susan Ahluwalia, am the data controller and operate in line with the GDPR; I pay a fee to the Information Commissioner’s Office
- I will request basic contact information and take information about your medical history at your first session in order to give you the very best tailored, safe and effective treatment
- I will not share your information with anyone unless required to do so by law or in line with my confidentiality policy, which will be explained at your first session and is included in our contract document
- I will store your information in a confidential, secure place and will anonymise it so that you are not identifiable on my session notes
- I will keep your information for 7 years from the date of our final session in line with my legal requirements, after which it will be securely destroyed
- You will have a right to:
- see what information is being held about you, a copy of which will be provided on request, without incurring a fee
- request correction of inaccurate or incomplete data at any time
- request deletion of data, although this can be overridden in your interests, especially regarding medical matters
- restrict processing – if erasure has been requested information must not be processed until the issue at hand has been resolved
- request that I limit or cease data collection, where applicable
- data portability (ie any data received will be “in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format”
- object to direct marketing research and statistics (I do not conduct these)
- not be subject to automated decision-making (ie any decision made without human intervention allows for the decision to be redressed)
- claim compensation for substantial damage or distress caused by data processing, where applicable.
Professionalism is guaranteed at all times.
I will ask you to give consent to your personal data being collected for the purposes set out above at your first session. Should you choose to contact me by email any data that you supply will be used as set out above.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.